Total Pageviews

Tuesday 20 March 2012

Ikea project (part 1)

Hi again, thanks for the waiting patiently on my first official. As I've said before this blog is to do with graphic design. I've decided to make my first official post on the IKEA project I did before the Christmas break.

The project was to design a repeat pattern for a new IKEA line to be used on wallpaper and fabrics,we had to choose an age group, a living space and any theme. For my project I picked young adults, sleeping spaces, and objects as my theme.

The object that I picked for my design was a spray-can. I picked a spray-can because I felt that young adults would be interested in street art (graffiti) and instead of doing typography I decided to use the main "tool" (because a graffiti artist tool is a spray-can) a spray can because I hadn't seen any type of repeat pattern like this before and I was interested in it also.

The first step I took was to get an image of a spray-can.

 I took this image from Google images I liked this image because it's a clean stencil of a spray-can which is what I wanted to do with my design but to make it a repeat-pattern. I uploaded this image onto adobe illustrator and unlocked it and changed the  colour of the spray-can and I repeated the spray-can in different size's.
As you can see below I used four different colour's (purple, green, blue and black) I used the same background as the original because i thought all of the colours worked well with it.



No comments:

Post a Comment